Glencadam - 10

Back in 2013 I made a quick note on the Glencadam 10 year old expression. I found it to have a fresh and sweet nose with some vanilla, citrus and soft stone fruits. 

The palate was sweet to me with notes of vanilla, honey, anise, mint, apricots, chocolate and a little hint of pepper in the back. A short and sweet finish. Scoring me then a good 6,5 out of 10. Sweet, elegant, soft and nice dram. 

Now being a couple of years later I find myself sitting down with the 10 year old in front of me again. Definitely soft and sweet nose with custard pudding, powdered sugar, canned peaches and a touch of fresh orange juice. 

The notes I find now on the palate are quite similar from back in 2013. Sweet, fruity, hint of spices, citrus fruits, pepper and dates. Balanced and nice dram. Scoring it now an 7,5/10.

1 comment: