Isle of Jura Superstition


Behind number 14 of The Whisky Advent Calender from the guys at Drink By The Dram is an Isle of Jura Superstition bottled at 43%. On the nose I find some creamy, citrus, vanilla, raisins, green apple, malt and also reminding me a bit of sparkling wine. Couple of other flavours I cant place at the moment... I know them but just cant put my finger on it...

The palate gives me a bit bitterness at first on the palate mixed with the notes from the nose. There is a sweet malty creamy feeling all over with milk chocolate, but also some lemon pits and pink grapefruit. Red apple mixing with caramel and vanilla. Grapes, oranges, white pepper, oregano and dirty leather. 

I must admit that Jura is not my favorite distillery. So I tried very hard to give this one a chance knowing my earlier experiences with this brand. It is not bad at all but with a not too long finish but the citrus and caramel bitterness feeling is still there, making that on the finish a bit metallic? Getting also some band aids mixed with that. That is something I don't like sadly... It was going so good for a bit, but it let me down on the finish... Scoring it a small 7 out of 10.  

No comments:

Post a Comment