Fettercairn Fior - Tasting Notes


Day 15 of The Whisky Advent Calender from the guys at Drink By The Dram brings the Fettercairn Fior bottled at 42%. In August 2013 we had a bottle at home and made a note on it. Looking forward to having another taste of it and see what I now think of it.

Back then I wrote down that on the nose it is malty, sweet, spices, dark heavy fruits, plums, toffee, vanilla, musty wood, pepper, orange, smoke, chocolate, creamy and balsamic vinegar in the back a bit. The palate was sweet, honey, warm, almond, orange, toffee, sugarcane, fruity, smoke, chocolate, fruitcake, coffee and creamy. Finish has some dry wood, sweet, tannin's, marzipan and a bit bitter dryness like strong coffee. Scored it an 7 out of 10. Great with cheese I wrote down and had a great creamy and full body.

Sipping and nosing this now from the Advent Whisky Calender, looking at my earlier notes, makes me wonder what more I can find in it. Still the same results and still liking it. Adding maybe some more creamy fruit sweetness, with red apples and almost some mango tropical notes. Changing my score to an good 7,5 out of 10, because it is a full and lovely dram. But it is a bit short on the finish I think?  The notes fade fast, but maybe that is the cold I am developing at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment