Glen Scotia - Double Cask


Day 7 of The Whisky Advent Calender from the guys at Drink By The Dram and it gives me another chance to taste the Glen Scotia Double Cask and see if my notes changed from the recent #GlenScotia Twitter tasting. The Double Cask is bottled at 46% and finished in first fill American Bourbon barrels & PX Sherry casks.

In the twitter tasting I got from the sweet nose lots of fresh fruit, dried apricots, aniseed, fennel, elderflower blossom, rich vanilla, freshness, creamy, soft, orchard fruits and honey. With some water added it gave me a clear note of gingerbread and malt. From the also sweet palate I got vanilla, dried fruits, light malty note, chocolate, raisin, red apple, banana, mint, coconut, marzipan, fruitcake, spices, dry cocoa and mocca. With water added there is more rich chocolate, sultanas, liquerish and gingerbread.

Finish I found to be of medium length finish, sweet and creamy. Vanilla, hint of mocca, liquerish and dry cocoa. Scored it an 7 out of 10. Very enjoyable. Bit sweet, demerara sugar sweetness but feels balanced. Now tasting and nosing it again I again get the very fruity, malty and rich feel it carries. Feeling of a lush cake with chocolate and lots of dried fruits and spices. Adjusting my score to an 8 out of 10. It is a very pleasant dram.


No comments:

Post a Comment