Compass Box - Great King Street - Artist's Blend


Having received The Whisky Advent Calender from the guys at Drink By The Dram (thanks again for that, pretty awesome to participate in the daily advent whisky fun) gave me another chance to have a look at the Compass Box Great King Street Artist's Blend.

Back in 2013 Johanne shared a sample with me of it. Then I scored it an 6 out of 10. I was missing some depth in it and found it very easy going. On the nose I found it then a sweet one with vanilla, raisin, lemon freshness, creamy, red apple, cookie dough, cereal and dried fruits. The palate was also sweet and creamy. Notes of lemon, apple pie, raisins, roses, whole grain cookies, vanilla, ripe pear, clove, nutmeg and lemon sweets. A middle length finish that is sweet and high on vanilla.

Lets have another look 2 years later, and see if I still agree with my earlier notes. Can find the sweet notes, baking spices and rich fruits again. Seems to agree still with what I wrote down back then. Lovely sweet but also a fresh citrus layer over it. Fudge sweetness and rich dense fruitcakes notes. Balanced and rich warm notes. A lovely dram that I really would score higher now. Giving it an 7,5 out of 10. Great stuff again from the people at Compass Box. Thanks to Drinks By The Dram for sharing this with us to enjoy. 

For more info on this bottling and more on the 'Great King Street' bottling range please visit the Compass Box website or click on the picture below for viewing the larger image.



No comments:

Post a Comment