Isle of Arran - Arranach - Tasting Notes

Nose
Sweet, tropical, honey, fruits, pineapple, mango, vanilla, warm, minty, raisin

Palate
Raisin, creamy, vanilla, warm, honey, tropical fruits, sugared orange candies with a bit of milk chocolate on them.

Finish
Sweet, creamy, not long and just a hint of walnuts in the back.

Score
7,5 out of 10. Beautiful dram. Bottled at the distillery at 54%, contents unknown. Was a little cask that they filled constantly with something different, but it is a very nice one, even when we dont know what the exact details are...


Tasting scores explained a bit. It all depends on the moment, ambiance etc, but to have a guideline for my own preferences. This differs for each person. See my wish list in the menu above to see what I prefer the most at the moment. A low score will not meen I will maybe give it a second chance on a later time, but for now it is not for me...

1-5   Mhmm... Not liking this one...
5-6   Don't have to wake me up for this, not bad, but not my preference
6-7   I like, but they just miss something, to make me wanna buy a whole bottle
7-8   Well, you can start waking me up for these, more depth, these I would love to add to my collection
8-9   These are to be enjoyed slowly. These I absolutely would love to have a bottle, but sadly not always in my price range. 
9-10 Well, what can I say, just wow...... No words to describe it. Wake me up now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment