Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey is bottled at 35% and a blend of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and a unique honey liqueur of their own making. Well, it might be a very obvious thing to write down while nosing a honey liqueur but I am getting a lot of very sweet notes, rich in honey notes and old fashioned cinnamon sticks you can get at the carnival/fair. In it is creamy clover honey, rich forrest honey, maple syrup, sweet vanilla, raisins and some citrus thyme and mint.

If you are craving something sweet and warming this just might be a good thing to reach out for or when having a cold or something. I find it very pleasant and creamy smooth on the palate, with giving me a bit the idea of cough syrup with some liquerish, dried apricots, dried cranberry and laurel. Yes it is far too sweet if you look at it from a whisky perspective, but I think there is also a time and place where this can be very nice. Ripe red apples, sweet red forrest fruits, hint of spices, toffee, milk chocolate and wood note but all mixed through a creamy honey layer.

It is not a whisky and cant score it as that, but I can say that I am seriously thinking of getting a bottle, it is good stuff. Thinking of things to do with it, maybe even cooking, marinating meat, make sauces, lots of things possible with it I think besides drinking... Don't know any more where this sample came from (sorry) but glad I got it to try :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment