anCnoc - Rutter - Tasting Notes



This expression from Knockdhu distillery in the line of the peated whisky range of anCnoc is at 11.0 ppm. The Rutter spade is used to size and separate the peat blocks producing a turf that is slow burning. 

Nose
Soft peat and wet land notes. Pear, vanilla, soft toffee, soft leather, red grapefruit, honey, cinnamon, warm red apples and a bit malt in the back. 

Palate
Sweet with a soft layer of peat and earthy notes below a layer of vanilla, green apples, pears and toffee. Red grapefruit, lemon, mint and some pepper and herbal notes coming through. 

Finish
Medium of length and with some orange pulp and grapefruit notes in there. 

Score
Scoring this one between a 7 and 7,5 out of 10. It has some very nice tones to it. A lovely combination of sweet, soft peat and citrus freshness. But with me there was some orange pulp feeling in the back of the mouth on the finish I could not like. Thomas did not noticed that one, so maybe it is just me. Maybe get back to this one on a later date and see if I can find something more and adjust the score, because I think it has more in it then I am able to find at this moment... 

No comments:

Post a Comment