Edradour - Ballechin #6 Bourbon Cask Matured - Festival Notes


The Edradour Ballechin #6 is a heavily peated expression, matured solely in bourbon barrels. Natural colour and unchillfiltered.

Tasted this one at the Whisky Festival Noord Nederland 2014 at the stand of Van Wees

Had a port expression earlier of the Ballechin series. That one surprised me, and took me a long time to appreciate. It was swinging from good to I dont know. Port is a difficult thing I have the idea. It works not always in the good way. They made it work on the Ballechin #3.

With #6 I did not have that hesitation directly and not needed multiple drams to get to the "bottom" of it. With this one I liked it, good balance of peat. First thought was 7 out of 10. But need to get me a better taste on it outside the festival to get a better tasting notes on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment