The Famous Grouse - The Snow Grouse - Tasting Notes



Nose
Nosing this one out of the freezer gives me vinegar, musty, tonic, lime, bitter, and coriander. When it warms up it has a little bit of more sweetness to it from some fruit tones and vanilla and raisin.

Palate
First tasting this one cold, straight out of the freezer before my hands warmed this dram up quickly. On the palate I find this one bitter, acidic, syrupy, metallic, vanilla, and ginger.
When it warms up it has some more vanilla, grain, graphite and wood shavings (crazy enough, ever smelled the tip of a pencil, like that?)

Finish
Short finish, even more when cold, and a bit warmer it is bitter and sour. It leaves me with a dry mouth like I drank a glass of lemon juice.

Score


4 out of 10. Maybe a good one for mixing? Don't get the whole serving it out of the freezer, don't think this makes it better... But just my opinion. The Snow Grouse (Lagopus Mutus) is a blended Grain Scotch Whisky, and they say that it is perfectly at home in severely cold conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment