Mackmyra - The First Edition - Tasting Notes

Mackmyra - The First Edition



Nose
Citrus, sweet, vanilla, fruit, light spice, toffee

Palate
Sweet, a hint of wood, warm, citrus, toffee, honey, red apple

Finish
Honey and red apple sweet, medium long

Score
7 out of 10. Had a dram earlier at a less warm day and was not sure what to think of it. But tried it again on a warm day and found this a very nice and warm but also fresh dram.

Maybe it just needs some time to open up, and I was to quickly the time before, not sure, but I like it now that is for sure, curious about the rest of the range from this distillery.

Mackmyra Svensk Whisky was founded in 1999 and the distillery was officially opened in 2002 and is situated the Mackmyra Sawmill just outside Gävle. Some of the production is stored in newly manufactured Swedish oak casks, bound by oak from the island of Visingsö.  During storage they mainly use small casks of 30 and 100 litres.

Tasting scores explained a bit. It all depends on the moment, ambiance etc, but to have a guideline for my own preferences. This differs for each person. See my wish list in the menu above to see what I prefer the most at the moment. A low score will not meen I will maybe give it a second chance on a later time, but for now it is not for me...

1-5   Mhmm... Not liking this one...
5-6   Don't have to wake me up for this, not bad, but not my preference
6-7   I like, but they just miss something, to make me wanna buy a whole bottle
7-8   Well, you can start waking me up for these, more depth, these I would love to add to my collection
8-9   These are to be enjoyed slowly. These I absolutely would love to have a bottle, but sadly not always in my price range. 
9-10 Well, what can I say, just wow...... No words to describe it. Wake me up now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment