Glenlossie cask #3440 20 YO - Tasting Notes


Nose
Citrus fruits, fresh, eucalyptus, fresh grass, vanilla, flowers, apple, pear, tropical, lime, cranberry, and lots of more gentle fruits... Keeps coming and coming...

Palate
Citrus, warm, creamy, sweet, milk chocolate, tropical fruits, pineapple, vanilla, raspberry, red berry, lots of fruits again sweet, warm and gentle... Just beautiful!

Finish
Sweet, tropical, and a long finish...

Score
8 out of 10. This is just a beauty. We found this one at the Whisky Experience on our last journey through Scotland. We tasted it and immediately thought of a dinner planned with friends soon after where whisky and food combination was the topic. We were in charge for something with desert and chocolate. This one gave us this combination immediately, and it proved to be correct, a very nice combination... Everybody enjoyed it a lot, and sadly the bottle is empty, so have to have a look out for more of Glenlossie.


Tasting scores explained a bit. It all depends on the moment, ambiance etc, but to have a guideline for my own preferences. This differs for each person. See my wish list in the menu above to see what I prefer the most at the moment. A low score will not meen I will maybe give it a second chance on a later time, but for now it is not for me...

1-5   Mhmm... Not liking this one...
5-6   Don't have to wake me up for this, not bad, but not my preference
6-7   I like, but they just miss something, to make me wanna buy a whole bottle
7-8   Well, you can start waking me up for these, more depth, these I would love to add to my collection
8-9   These are to be enjoyed slowly. These I absolutely would love to have a bottle, but sadly not always in my price range. 
9-10 Well, what can I say, just wow...... No words to describe it. Wake me up now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment