Isle of Arran - Machrie Moor - Tasting Notes


Nose
At first some earthy, mossy tones, like wet moorlands. Then came a bit light peat mixed with some dark chocolate cake and some red fruits. The earthy tones are nicely mixed with some light and fresh tones, as we known them from the Isle of Arran distillery. Vanilla, honey, warm cherry, lemon fresh, tropical fruit, creamy and mixed with some coconut, yellow apple and fudge. 

Palate
Creamy, vanilla, dark chocolate cake, caramel, a bit spices, warm and sweet tones, orange, lemon, tropical fruits, honey, mint, and a hint of smoke in the back.

Finish
Sweet, honey, vanilla, dark chocolate, medium long finish, and with some honey glazed nuts at the end.

Score
8 out of 10.  Nice combination of the more earthy tones and the tropical fresh notes…



Tasting scores explained a bit. It all depends on the moment, ambiance etc, but to have a guideline for my own preferences. This differs for each person. See my wish list in the menu above to see what I prefer the most at the moment. A low score will not meen I will maybe give it a second chance on a later time, but for now it is not for me...

1-5   Mhmm... Not liking this one...
5-6   Don't have to wake me up for this, not bad, but not my preference
6-7   I like, but they just miss something, to make me wanna buy a whole bottle
7-8   Well, you can start waking me up for these, more depth, these I would love to add to my collection
8-9   These are to be enjoyed slowly. These I absolutely would love to have a bottle, but sadly not always in my price range. 
9-10 Well, what can I say, just wow...... No words to describe it. Wake me up now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment